Cheap cast aluminium dutch oven

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I found a shop that sells these dutch ovens at a pretty good price.

http://www.malikstores.co.uk/product_details.php?item_id=841

If I remember correctly I think the smaller one was about £16 and the bigger one £20. They don't have a bail handle (don't know if it's possible to drill them) and I've never used an aluminium one so I can't reccomend them. The weblink is for reference for the pot, I can get them cheaper than this. I might get one and try it and review it. But if people are interested i might be able to sort them out and maybe I'll be able to do a group buy.

Just thought I'd gauge interest and see if anyone has experience with this type of pot.

Heath

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Hate to be a killjoy but the price for the large one is £32.50 plus £7 for delivery.
Does make it a bit dearer

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
I have an aluminum dutch oven from a company called GSI, but it's anodized rather than just bare metal. Don't know if it's comparable, but it works well. As far as inexpensive goes, you usually get what you pay for. "Buy quality and only cry once."

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Hate to be a killjoy but the price for the large one is £32.50 plus £7 for delivery.
Does make it a bit dearer

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain clearly. The weblink is only as a reference for what the pot looks like. I can get the exact same pots for the cheaper price that I stated.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Cast Ali should drill quite easy, so retro-fitting a bail arm won't be too hard for anyone whos done basic metalwork (like school level )

What kind on money are we talking about?

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Interested in a small one
Whats the P&P gonna be (ballpark figures will do)

You PayPal?

No idea to be honest, I've never sent anything like this, but they're not particularly heavy.
I think I'll pick one up for myself this weekend and test it out. I'll post some more details when I have them.
Heath

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Any joy mate?

Sorry I didn't get a chance but it's definately on the cards, and I'll have a chance to try it out properly in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted. I'll send you a PM if you want when I get it to save you keep coming back to this thread.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I picked one of these up last night. I got the big one for £18.95. They also do the small one for 16.95. Hopefully I'll get to try it out this weekend and I'll do a review.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE