Changing seasons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Over in the food section we are talking about how early this years ripe blackberries are. I guess we are all pretty good at spotting the signs of the changinging seasons like this while we are out and about.
We can use what we see tohelp out research into climate change by recording what we see over at http://www.phenology.org.uk/ . Even if you don't want to put in data its well worth visiting the site.
Cheers
david

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Cool! Thanks for that!

I for one am sure we are seeing a shift in climate patterns ... since 1990 we have had 11 of the hottest years on record. This year is really odd though ... the weather patters seem more powerful and energized, leading to wetter, windier weather. What could be driving this more energized pattern? Global warming?

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Adi007 said:
Cool! Thanks for that!

I for one am sure we are seeing a shift in climate patterns ... since 1990 we have had 11 of the hottest years on record. This year is really odd though ... the weather patters seem more powerful and energized, leading to wetter, windier weather. What could be driving this more energized pattern? Global warming?
Most of the science seems to suggest that global warming will lead to a wetter, wilder, colder Britain as the North Atlantic currents, which give us the far better weather than we have any right to a fifty somthing degrees north, get messed up.
Cheers
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE