Changing Bears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Apparently the resident population is small. So I guess a insignificant mutation got more pronounced through inbreeding.

Or could an Polar Bear have ventured this far south?

I guess this could be a positive evolution for them?
They write they are less aggressive too. Male Bears tend to kill the cubs from time to time?

I find this interesting.
No doubt Siberian Times, my 'fun news online' will have an article soon.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Nope. Just genetic variation. Like the Kermodi Canadian Spirit bears, they have greater salmon fishing success.
The direct factual result is that as they are successful feeders, they survive to reproduce more of this successful kind.
The Kermodi inland near Terrace and usually a pale sky-blue color, on the outer coast, they are white.

In just the last couple of years, a few grizz/polar hybrid bears have been killed in Nunavut.
I can't imagine the Polar bear range extending so far south and inland with prey that they have no instincts to hunt.

Armed guards took groups of kids out for Hallowe'en in Churchill, Manitoba.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Oh yeah. I expect some tissue darts and scat samples for DNA and run those in comparison studies.
Kermodi are 100% Black Bear.

Quite a few places in Canada cancelled Trick-or-Treating because of the bear issue.
HAHA! The guards were to protect the kids going out in Churchill.

Churchill is THE PLACE to get out in a tundra buggy and see the polar bears.
Some bears are 11'-12' tall on their hind legs. Mark that off with a tape measure.
My Dad went, years ago. He said it's hard to believe how big the polar bears are until they stand up.

We have had bear issues in the village in years past (the usual garbage cans) and also just a few weeks ago.
Some people don't get around to picking late apples and the bears love it.
Even if I want to step out at night to grab something that I left in my GMC Suburban,
I can't go without a very strong torch and a good look around.
It's considered to be bad form to get all gunned up to walk out to the front street.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE