change the colour of a rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoggy

Jan 30, 2010
uk
Has anyone tried to dye or change the colour of their rucksack? Reason I'm asking is I've been given a PLCE Web-tex Medic Pouch as an early Xmas present, I had wanted it in black but it's only available in DPM despite the site where it was bought was advertising that black was an option so can't swap it.

Reason I wanted it in black is because my other kit is in black and me being fussy,:p kind of wanted it to fit with the rest of my kit. I'm half tempted just to spray paint it black with some flexible vinyl paint (pouch is cordura so dyeing will be difficult) unless anyone else has managed it using a dye?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not really, man made fabrics don't really 'take' a dye or do so poorly. Painting it is a poor idea, won't work for more than five minutes.

Painting is about your only option.

Spray painting is easier, but definitely not permanent.

I've had pretty good luck with liquid modelling paint (although ultimately not permanent either), and acrylic paint from an art supply store. Longer lasting, although still not a permanent solution. It too will eventually flake and rub and chip off with hard use.

Do a patch on the back and see if you like how it looks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE