Chaga

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A-mOOBc1Ms
Chaga or Birch fungus (!NOT BIRCH BRACKET FUNGUS!) is a Medicinal Mushroom that you can make a tea out of it.
I make it my self whenever I find it in the woods.

- Treating Stomach diseases,
- Anti Tumor activity,
- Good for Liver and Heart,
- Boosting Immune system,
- Against Cancers: breast, liver, uterine, gastric,
- Diabetes,
- Anti Inflammatory,
- Against HIV-1,
- Hypertension
- The best ANTIOXIDANT!
Here is some more info about chaga I found googling:
Since the 16th century, there are records of chaga mushroom being used in folk medicine and the botanical medicine of the Eastern European countries as a remedy for cancer, gastritis, ulcers, and tuberculosis of the bones.[citation needed] In 1958, scientific studies in Finland and Russia found Chaga provided an epochal effect in breast cancer, liver cancer,uterine cancer, and gastric cancer, as well as in hypertension and diabetes.[citation needed] Herbalist David Winston maintains that it is the strongest anti-cancer medicinal mushroom.[1]. Russian Literature Nobel Prize laureate Alexandr Solzhenitsyn wrote two pages on the medicinal use and value of chaga in his famous book on his life in the Gulag "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich".
Zoran

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
and it's one of the best natural tinders there is, good for flint & steel, magnifying glass, parabolic mirror and fire piston firestarting!
Use the light/orangy parts for firestarting, the darker bits for tea.

Cheers,

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE