Certified!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oggy

Feb 18, 2011
creswell
Congratulations, i would also tell you to check out the NFAS, i do around 24 shoots a year, and always have fun.

It's also nice to be able to go down the woods when you want, and knock about at a few 3d's.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Simply because I need the certificate to be able to shoot at a club without having to do that clubs "basic training" again - the GNAS certificate enables me to go and join up anywhere without people assumign I'm a numpty who's going to end up putting an arrow in the nearest official.

Having shot a bow for 53 years and been a member of a longbow club for years as well I was miffed to have this sort of nonsense spouted when we moved and i wanted to take part in what were claimed to be "open shoots". Never had an accident and archery is particularly well controlled at the shooting line or the Field peg so that accidents rarely happen. One club said that they had to insist on NFAS membership because they had had an accident but it was one of their "trained" members who shot someone. The only time I had to throw a boy off our Have-a-go archery stand at a medieval combat event was when he was jokingly threatening his sister with a half drawn arrow and he was a County level competitor.

But with my own bit of wood I can shoot when I like with a few friends.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE