Ceremonial Parang from Borneo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
From Sabah, Northern Borneo - with carvings and rattan cording on the sheath, not a working tool but great for decoration on an adventurers wall/mantel piece etc.

I would like SOLD including UK p&p, fees etc.

thankyou for reading

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Guys, get out your wallets, don't leave this around, its a fantastic buy.

I have one without the carvings on sheath and handle, more of a working tool, but it looks like an almost identical pattern. I have used mine and it was a fantastic cutter, but I retired it due to fear of bending it one day. The ratan work is worth the money by itself, just as an example of hand craft at a very high level.

Out of curiosity, is it one of the blades which is concave on one side and convex on the other?

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
thanks Chris and Bod

am surprised this hasn't gone

Yes Chris, your right about the Blade mate

Bod, I suppose you could use it as a working tool, but I don't think the handle would last out - if it had a more sturdy working handle the blade would be a good chopper

I acquired it from a trip in the Long Pasia interior region over 10 years ago, so yes, most prob Lun Dayeh, certainly not a Dusun parang

heres another pic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE