Centre zip sleeping bag

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Quixoticgeek

Full Member
Aug 4, 2013
2,483
27
Europe
Does anyone make a down sleeping bag with a centre zip? Since switching over to the Snugpak SF bags, I don't think I could go back to a side zip.

Cheers

J
 
Yep I have been having a similar conversation with a lad who comes out with us and is building his kit he wants the best weight to warmth ratio and centre zip I have tried to persuade him he can save a lot of money by compromising on one of these Personally I have a military synthetic with centre zip and a down bag with side zip;I always use a bivvy bag as well; all in cost less than half the price of the Carinthia bag I suppose its horses for courses but I think down bag with a centre zip you are going to have to part with a substantial amount of cash.I don't think the advantages of a centre zip offset this for me.Hope you find something though
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE