Celtic Kukri Sheath - my baby!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jomo

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
banbury
another coat of neatsfoot and it's taking on a very nice aged look already :D been out splitting wood with it today a beauty
hey have you tried putting the sheath in the oven on a lowish heat like 70 the leather will absolutely lap up the Neatsfoot oil!! Also a good and much cheaper alternative to Neatsfoots oil and any of this leather balms or waterproofers is good old petroleum Jelly! its what the main ingredient to Barbers Thornproof Dressing is. I mix mine with a bit of beeswax and it works a treat. Also love the sheath that's how it should look in my opinion,great work

Jomo

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
banbury
I enjoy using my kuk, and I agree it can be an ideal tool for many camp tasks etc. I re-covered the
sheath as the black leather was a bit thin and I fancied giving it a go. When I uncoverd the wood of the sheath there were drawings on the wood.... manybe someone doodling in the workshop, or a custom?

IMG00794-20090922-1758.jpg

kuk1-1.jpg

that reskin of your Kukri looks awesome! really nice work,would like to see some more pictures of this and a little explanation on how you did it if thaqt would be possible

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE