Cegga Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think "functional" best describes the mask we supply (and that being nice). Its a constant dilemma to be honbest. I was toying with getting Singtek to make up a batch of masks at one time, but it all adds to the cost (even at his daft low prices)

The thing I have enjoyed the most with this experience is getting a craftsman made item into the hands of users at a silly low price. Silly low because bear in mind that £16 or so of the cost goes on postage and packing. Which leaves under £30 for the axe. From that Cegga has to buy in the helves, mask materials, steel and fuel.

It is my certain knowledge that the man would make more money flipping burgers than he does making axes for us!

It is a constant source of surprise to me that we spend less on axes than we do on knives - and yet the process to make thim is just as hard and there are more materials involved.

I therefore decided to supply the axe with a basic mask to keep the item as "accesible" as possible and allow others (me included) to get their favourite cow skin guru to make something to suit. If funds allow its certainly worth it as Eric's fine work shows. Singtek did my BR hunter and Topknot is doing my latest one - it does round the packge off nicely without doubt.

Thanks for your generosity of spirit Eric!

Red

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yup mine have all had the Topknot treatment ;) top to bottom: Cegga, SFA and GB Mini Hatchet (belt carry) purty aint they :D

TopknotsTrio.jpg

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
I think "functional" best describes the mask we supply (and that being nice). Its a constant dilemma to be honbest. I was toying with getting Singtek to make up a batch of masks at one time, but it all adds to the cost (even at his daft low prices)

The thing I have enjoyed the most with this experience is getting a craftsman made item into the hands of users at a silly low price. Silly low because bear in mind that £16 or so of the cost goes on postage and packing. Which leaves under £30 for the axe. From that Cegga has to buy in the helves, mask materials, steel and fuel.

It is my certain knowledge that the man would make more money flipping burgers than he does making axes for us!

It is a constant source of surprise to me that we spend less on axes than we do on knives - and yet the process to make thim is just as hard and there are more materials involved.

I therefore decided to supply the axe with a basic mask to keep the item as "accesible" as possible and allow others (me included) to get their favourite cow skin guru to make something to suit. If funds allow its certainly worth it as Eric's fine work shows. Singtek did my BR hunter and Topknot is doing my latest one - it does round the packge off nicely without doubt.

Thanks for your generosity of spirit Eric!

Red

A very commendable endeavour by you and Cegga. I just hope I don't miss any future opportunities to take advantage of your (plural) generosity and hard work!

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales

Red

A very commendable endeavour by you and Cegga. I just hope I don't miss any future opportunities to take advantage of your (plural) generosity and hard work!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE