Cedar wood chips?

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
All I can find are expensive sachets of them. Anyone know where I could get a few pounds without spending a fortune?

Fancy putting together some boot driers/de-stinkers - ie filling a couple of socks with cedar chips, keep them dry, when you've got wet boots put the socks in them, dry woodchips draw in moisture & cedar helps mask the drying boot smell.

You can buy them ready-made, but they are £10 for the cheapest I can find.

If I can't get them cheaper I'm going with hamster bedding & I'll buy some cedar essential oil.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
All my broken arrow shafts are Port Oxford Cedar. You are welcome to them and a pencil sharpener will do the rest..

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Thanks for the kind offers folks, but having mentioned that I was looking for cedar shavings/chips in the pub, the local joiner turned up at my door with a bag of mostly cedar (lovely smell) with a bit of oak mixed in (sweepings from some work he's been doing). That'll cost me a pint or 2 (or some smoked trout), but it's one great thing about staying in a small community.

I'll give some feedback on how well the boot-dryers work, you might want to make them yourselves.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE