CB radio's remember them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Used to love staying up half the night on channel 21 with The Mad Colonel putting us through to others all around. I was the Yellow Frog or Yankee Foxtrot 20 if I was skip running. Good times indeed...

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I still have two sets and a handful of antenna on mag mounts and gutter mounts, they still get used occasionally especially if we go anywhere with a couple of cars.

First set I had was a superstar 2000 made in Germany, was stationed there at the time my initials are JR so naturally in the 70s my handle was Dallas GB. All brit CB ers had GB after their nickname. AM sets with upper and lower side bands mine was fitted with a Turner power mike and power settings of 1/2 watt - 4 watt - and 25 - watt combined with a 200 watt burner or linear amplifier I was able to talk to people all over the globe when conditions allowed......of course totally illegal in this country but that was half the fun. The ones I have now are legal FM sets which I used while driving HGV but never got rid of them, I keep thinking it will come back into fashion now all the neds and idiots have disappeared.

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Now this brings back some memories!

I had a rig set up in my bedroom with an antennae stuck out an open window (for rapid takedown if necessary:rolleyes: !) I spent many a draughty night crouched over that!

If anyone in the Oxford area remembers 'Gumboots' then he says 'Hi'!!

Everyone was always keen to help each other out. On more than one occasion requests for help prompted rescues from car breakdowns or suchlike - we were a local AA !

Channel 7 was a popular one ('Go to Barry' - i.e. Barry Sheene No.7; ask your Dad if you don't know who he is!!!)

Happy Days!

Bob:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice post fish !!

I`ve still got my Midland in the loft but it throws our house alarm into Def Con 1 everytime I key the mike, needless to say it doesn`t get used much anymore.

Had some great laughs cruising around in my Mini with a 9ft pole on the roof.

My handle was "Computer Kid" which is a bit ironic as I`m now an IT engineer by trade, I think it came from my fascination of spending weeks on end programing crap games like Pong for my Spectrum.

It was a great community in it`s day, made some good mates who I`m still in touch with today.

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE