Catering at the moot...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 4, 2005
Peacehaven, nr Brighton
Hello to all,

Can anyone enlighten me as to what to expect regarding food supplies/cooking etc.? It's just that I've not seen any advice about this (unless I missed it which is possible) and I'm wondering what to bring foodwise, e.g. how much to self-cater/cook over fire/stove vs. anything that is available on site. A mix might not be bad. Got to make sure my two kids are food-content!

Any info appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

James (coming from Brighton)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
There's no on site food at the moot apart from the hangi on the last night.

Basically it's all self catering. There's a large Tescos and a Lidls at Bridgend which is about a 20 minute drive away so you don't need to worry too much about running short of food for the kids :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmph !
Well I managed to find Brackla, Coychurch, Hemstone and Treos and was well on my way to Pencoed before I thought. "I *know* this is wrong !" , :rolleyes: .........and I was only doing a quick jaunt to Tesco :eek:

This time I'd taking an Atlas ;)

cheers,
M

Calculon

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2008
Old South Wales
Tip;

DO NOT visit the KFC just before the Ogmore roundabout just before Merthyr Mawr. I fell for it twice in the last 2 weeks 'cos I was starving. I had one of those super spicy things on a stick meal, on the telly it looks like a skewer with large chunks of succulent spicy chicken...in reality it was like four dried out popcorn chicken things on a cocktail stick. Pathetic... & rude service too. Ycha fi !

Take an hour out...go to Simons Plaice in Llantwit Major for fantastic fish & chips & eat them on the pebble beach, lovely!

Calc

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
Rather than a trip to llantwit major there is a multiple award winning chip shop ( Finnegans) in the Broadlands estate, 5 mins from the site. Also quite a decent pub to grab a swift half in whilst your there!!
I'll take a nimble down to the site tonight and let you know how the conditions are under foot if you want. Bloody hasn't stopped raining here yet!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE