Catapult rubber?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi Folks
a couple of days back I was given a old catapult frame which I've polished up.

catty01.jpg

Could anyone recomend the cheapest place to get a couple of feet of 6mm square rubber suitable to get it working again. I have some scraps of leather and brass rod for the pins. Also is there a idiots guide to using them anywhere?

Cheers!

Tom

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
*cough cough*

come over to the Dark Side....

http://www.gamekeepercatapultsforum.com/

Square elastic doesn't really hit that hard and is a tough draw by comparison to the alternatives, get yourself some 'Dub Dub' tubing from John, he had about about 300' of the stuff last time I was over there lol. A lot of the guys regularly hunt with Milbro Repro's from Hogan's Castings with a bit of practice you can be taking game at 30m, and with the right bands/ammo set up be hitting with nearly 2x the power of an air rifle .....

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
lol

which one did you get? I have 2 myself :p

Pocket rocket 3, had trouble with theraband gold bands on my hunter catty as they were cut quite thick but the bands that John makes are spot on for me, steady, comfortable draw and plenty of power! I'm thinking about treating myself to one of his other models in the near future! great bits of kit IMO!

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
lol I have a PR3, and a Pocket Poacher- which I won in the forum shot of the month comp!

if you look around John's are easily amongst the best value for money boardcut cattys out there, there's another UK maker called Rob Rowley who sells under the name of RK Catapults on ebay, again I can say a steal at under 20 quid.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
lol I have a PR3, and a Pocket Poacher- which I won in the forum shot of the month comp!

if you look around John's are easily amongst the best value for money boardcut cattys out there, there's another UK maker called Rob Rowley who sells under the name of RK Catapults on ebay, again I can say a steal at under 20 quid.

I will look out for some of his as well when its spending times again shortly! cheers for the heads up! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE