Cat saves boy from dog attack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I think the little boy was very lucky to have the cat around. I was bitten on the leg by a dog as a child and there is nothing pleasant about it.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Yep. Circling around and wagging his tail. Then he grabbed at the ankle. Just like every dog I've ever owned played with me. The dog in the video was a bulldog. If he had really been attacking, he would have gone for the throat and both the kid and the cat would be dead. Nothing short of a bullet would have stopped him.

If a dog tried to "play" with my kids in that fashion it would be destroyed. Don't get me wrong, I love all animals, especially dogs, but love my kids more.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Weird for the dog to do that without prior history, (assuming there wasn't). Thing is, right at the end, the mother goes off and leaves the kid alone, he jumps up scared and hurt and runs after her. Seems like I'd have grabbed the kid and run for the house to a phone, but maybe it didn't look to bad at the time. Trying to give her the benefit if the doubt.

I thought maybe she went to to get help. She might gone to check what the kid said and check the dog had gone. The dog should not of been loose . This is where the owner should get prosecuted.

My neighbour has a french mastiff that growls and bark at me when I am out in my own garden. If it is out I collect the washing carrying a machete. I filmed the same dog playing with a toddler with out any visable adult two days after a baby got its skull crushed by a malamutein the next village.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
That dog didn't look like it was playing to me. Its tail wasn't wagging either but pointing straight behind it which is a sign of aggressive intent.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The dog ragged the kids leg , and stalked around the car. It is astounding what the cat did, it saved the child very serious injury. Wolves will disable prey by pulling down the legs then the boss grabs the top end to make the lethal wounds.....

Pit bulls ain't wolves.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That dog didn't look like it was playing to me. Its tail wasn't wagging either but pointing straight behind it which is a sign of aggressive intent.

On second viewing of the video I'm not as sure of the tail wagging either. That said, there is only one measure of "aggressive behavior" in a pit bull; complete and total savagery marked by going for the throat. Their "kill switch" is either On or Off; there is no in between.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE