Cat or fox?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Or other? Caught on my new trailcam the other night:

trailcam1.jpg

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
This is why I started setting mine to video.I used to set to 3 shot burst for the first week in a new place so I didn't have to trawl through all the vids but a few times it caught something which I couldn't identify and never came back so I gave up and started using the video setting.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It was set to three shot burst but nothing captured. I'll try the video setting once my new SD card arrives as I've had to nick the one from my daughter's camera

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The snout looks foxy but it's hard to tell as it's moved slightly, I think I can see a big bushy tail above the V in the foliage

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've cut the foliage back a bit and set it to video. Not back for a week now so should have a chance of getting something on there...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Well, after leaving it in place for another week, came home to find it had been triggered a few times. It takes a series of 3 photographs (at 3 second intervals). The first set showed a small dot quite far away - think it's a rabbit but it's only because the dot moves in between pictures you can tell it's anything. One of the sets clearly showed two rabbits but the last set is the most intriguing:

IMAG0028.jpg

The other two taken just after this don't show anything, but whatever it was has a long tail... I'm still not convinced it's a fox but will set it up a bit lower in the coming days to see if I can get some more pictures

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE