Case for a weather meter.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Weather_Meter_and_Pouch.jpg

After the Arctic trip I decided it would be a good idea to have a better means of tracking weather conditions.

I had been keeping a log of temperatures when I could with a cheap freezer thermometer which I later learned was about 2° out at low temperatures.

I noticed a rather nifty weather meter that Woody was using and decided to treat myself to something like it when I got home.

It came supplied with a soft pouch case and a “tactical” nylon case which I didn’t like, so I set about making the old type of leather case that I remembered good photographic equipment being carried in in the days of yore.

The hole in the side is to let air circulate around the sensors as the meter continues to monitor and graph trends even when it is not switched on which is a feature I like.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
www.bushcraftdays.com
Nice one Wayland. That should protect it well.

I take it that is an anemometer fan at the top? I remember having to use one to record wind speed at the Butt of Lewis lighthouse when I worked there with my Dad. Had to climb a tower to take the readings and it could get real hairy with the winds up there.

George

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Love this case Wayland, had a really bad attempt to make one and decided to admit defeat. Just for info I have an iPhone and have been using a neat little app called Weather Log to record and publish my readings.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE