Casanova_poor man mountains knife

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
This is’nt a real traditional italian knife, it’s simply a fiction folder from this part of the Alps (North-East of Italy): this knife tipology it’s called here “britola da galosce” (litteraly “folder for boots”, meaning “folder to use on mountains”). This definition includes a huge variety of knives, really different one from each others: the only common denominator is the thoughness, they were done to be used, not collectioned.

Specs:
Total length 210mm
Blade length 90mm
Blade tickhness 2mm
Steel unknow (from a truck leaf spring)
Handle Box-tree
Wheight 95 grams

The “britola” here showed was done a few years ago by a 95 years old man – Mr. Casanova (don’t know the first name) – so I call the knife same way , “the Casanova”

Mr. Casanova was requested and has done through the decades many of this inexpensive knives for the hunters and farmers here around, successfully I need to say.

The handle is one piece of box-tree, curved shaped

The blade is made from a truck leaf spring, which is charged commonly to be a great steel for the poor man knives

Blade was tapered with stars and moons, symbols that means “good luck”

The pivot is generously sized, and well worked

The handle is someway oval shaped, really comfortable

Despite the general roughness of the knife, the blade is deadly centered, also after two years of (not continuously) use

All in all a great “poor man” friction folder for all-around use on my mountains trips, I really love him.
Ciao,
Alfredo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE