Carving tools and extra special mallet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
SOLD

A gift for all you woodcarvers! I’ve collected this kit over a number of years, but now, due to a combination of tempus fugit and the delayed ravages of a misspent youth, and middle age, come to think of it, I can no longer do these tools the justice they deserve! (I know, ‘shut up whinging, you ‘ole bugger...)

Anyway, it’s all got to go, so, the whole kit comprises of:

• 30oz ‘Wood is Good’ mallet (Info here) used only once. A relay good mallet to use, much quieter than the conventional carvers mallet and far less shock to the hand arm and other connected bits!
• Drawknife with 5” (125mm) cutting edge.
• ‘Woodcock Sheffield 1943’ straight chisel 39mm cutting edge.
• Addis Sheffield 9mm skew chisel.
• 22mm gouge believed to be by Robert Sorby.
• 11mm gouge, also believed to be by Robert Sorby.
• 18mm gouge, exactly the same design at the previous two, marked ‘Sorby’.
• 15mm spoon gouge by Taylor, Sheffield.
• 7mm gouge by Pfiel, Switzerland, marked 7/6.
• 4mm veiner marked but indistinct, possibly ‘Ward’ or ‘Yard’.

All the sharp bits are scary sharp courtesy of some smurf poo and a rotating mop!

If you were to buy this lot second hand on e-bay you would probably end up paying about £20.00 per piece, so I’m guessing at a possible value of around £200.00. (This is me thinking out loud, by the way...) It weighs 2.5 kilos, so 1st class postage (UK only) is about £12.00, plus Paypal stuff...
So, how about £120.00 for the lot, delivered by 1st class post within the UK.

ch1.jpg

ch2.jpg

Last edited:

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I'm hoping the whole lot goes together, really, but keep watching, if it hangs around for a bit I might split it up.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
That's the one I'm calling a veiner, OK, I'll give it a bit longer and then probably split it all up. If I do, that's yours.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
If you do split, I'd like the gouges please, definitely the spoon gouge, probably the 3 Sorby's and maybe the 7mm Pfeil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE