Carved some spoons whilst on holiday

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Recently had a few weeks holiday in Scotland, and I wouldn't dream of going away without some carving tools to keep me occupied in some odd idle moments. Here are the fruits of my labours.

P7140037.jpg

P7140039.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
Great spoons, I know what you mean about taking tools with you even when on holiday. I was at Croissant Neuf summer party last year and forgot to take my carving tools, I managed to find a Frosts knife hidden in my van, so not quite all was lost.

Do check out Croissant Neuf it is the only solar and wind powered festival in the UK and in the most beautiful place ever, right next to an ancient hill fort. They really chuck out the sound, I was really impressed.

What is the hook knife like to use and who made it?

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
What is the hook knife like to use and who made it?

The hook knife is made by me from my favourite material, old Land Rover springs. I've never used any other hook knives, as I used to use a spoon bent gouge, so I couldn't say if it is a really good design. I arrived at the shape more or less by accident, as one day I decided to have a go at making a hook knife. All I know is that I like it, and using a tool that you have made for yourself is really satisfying.

Thanks for all the compliments!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE