carved hawthorn catapault for swap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
As above - hand made by me from a lovely forked piece of hawthorn. I've tried to carve the handle into quite an ergonomic shape too. Includes a leather patch but the elastic tube has snapped so needs replacing. It's on the big side compared to a lot of catapaults I've seen.

After anything interesting - mainly want the catapault to go to a good home.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
100_3182.jpg

The two tips are narrowed with ball ends. I've attached the elastic using cable ties - that worked fine but there may be a better way? I imagine it would take pretty much any elastic - the ends are pretty universal and it's certainly strong enough - the hawthorn is rock hard now!

B

Bobishere

I think it looks fine for all elastics, but personally I think the fork is a little high (too much torque on the wrist) I'll swap it for another catapult if you want, one of mine? Or anything else if you want to discuss? It would make a fine addition to my collection, and be a good place for me to start swapping ... ?

B

Bobishere

Goodness, I hadn't thought about it, I'll get back to you on that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE