Carved a kuksa (again).

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I am really enjoying carving these. Monikieman was right when he mentioned that it gets addictive.

DSCF0319_2.jpg

DSCF0324_2.jpg

The wood is sycamore, lightly oiled once for now. It`ll need to dry slowly.

Let me know what you think! (constructive criticism is nearly as welcome as a constructive compliment:p)

Thanks

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
A nice bit carving. Looks like straight sides and I find them more difficult.

I've had to bring my latest kuksa indoors as it was starting to get mould on it. :(

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very nice work, as usual.................you're getting very good at these! The best way to beat your addiction would be to send them all to me to look after, along with all your tools! I'll give 'em a good home as you recover!

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Great shape there, almost like a mug sort of thing. You going to thin it a bit or leave the sides chunky.
Thinking about it the chunky feel would probably suit a mug shape.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Thanks guys.

Dave: I will leave the walls as they are now. The edge is about 3 to 4 mm thick all around. Deeper down into the cup this increases a bit due to lack of skills, but it holds a decent amount of liquid and it is comfy to drink from so I am happy with it. :)

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
One more. This one is a gift for a friend who had her birthday recently. She likes whisky and wooden things so that is what she`ll get :)

DSCF0400_2.jpg

DSCF0382_2.jpgv

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE