Carrying a crooked knife in the field?

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
I use twistpacks, plastic tubes in two halves that screw together.
IM0002361.jpg

I bought a job lot so if you want a couple let me know.
Be wary of these with pointed blades, I photographed a brochure for a CSI supplies company including twist packs and pointed blades go through the ends easily. I have the scar to prove it!

Last edited:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
The one I mentioned above now has it's purpose fulfilled with a Crook Knife by FYGT, handled in yellow box burr:

knife1.jpg

knife2.jpg

The case holds it perfectly, nice n tight.

Cheers

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Be wary of these with pointed blades, I photographed a brochure for a CSI supplies company including twist packs and pointed blades go through the ends easily. I have the scar to prove it!

Indeed so! I put a disk of leather or two in the ends if I use them with anything pointy.

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
I use a case similar to nagual's, but it was home made from brown fake leather (read vinyl), and is fastened with ties instead of poppers. It secures the knife very well, but does not look anywhere as good as the one nagual has, which is a very nice pouch indeed.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Hmm Think I am going to cover a twist pack with a leather sheath, best of both worlds! convenience of the twist together parts and the look of leather... Will let you know how I get on!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE