Carinthia expedition bivvy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
No experience unfortunately, and I had never heard of the brand until randomly browsing Heinnie Haynes for things I don't need the other week!
I'm liking the look of this, but can't decide if it's reassuringly expensive, or just completely overpriced. https://heinnie.com/carinthia-observer-plus

001__97578.1602166825.jpg

Interesting to note that their gear is apparently issued by the German Army. Seems a far cry form the tat I used to get issued by the British Army 25+ years ago!

Reactions: Danbushyone

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
No experience unfortunately, and I had never heard of the brand until randomly browsing Heinnie Haynes for things I don't need the other week!
I'm liking the look of this, but can't decide if it's reassuringly expensive, or just completely overpriced. https://heinnie.com/carinthia-observer-plus

Interesting to note that their gear is apparently issued by the German Army. Seems a far cry form the tat I used to get issued by the British Army 25+ years ago!

I have one of those. Didn't purchase at that price. Very good bit of kit. Would not sell mine.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm guessing you have other options, so what would be the scenarios you would chose to use this?

If I read your question correctly ? I like that it packs down small , gives a covered admin area ( albeit small ) and gives space around the head and shoulders to move , wriggle or if need be just lie in place - the ventilation options are good on these - zip everything up if needed ( head zipper and lateral body zipper ) or leave the mozzie net up and use an OP as that mostly is what they were designed for I believe.

If planning a longer term stay Id use a basha ( tarp ) for some more elevated admin space or to cover bergen and kit.

But there is just something reassuringly comfy about getting into one of these like a fat caterpillar and battening down the hatches whilst wriggingly deep down into your bag and going to zed-town.

That answer your question?

I don't do hammocks and bashas have an open side - I prefer the midway point between bivvy bag and very small tent.

Feb 28, 2024
South England

Yeah they are top quality bits of kit. Juat crazy expensive. Lots of reviews about many of the bivvys just not a lot about the expedition bag. I like it has the mix of the open face but side zipper.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE