Canvas use

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
Some time ago i `found` a peice of canvas not being used (and was about to be thrown away anyway) and have finally decided to cut it up to good use.

It would make a decent size tarp with a ridgeline, but there isnt enough to make anything new and interesting like a baker tent. So i have decided to make a few smaller things. Flicking through one of my absolutly favourite books, Wildland Wisdom by Ellsworth Jaeger, i have seen a duluth pack, labrador a-tige and pioneer tinder pouch i want to make....

anyone sitting on any interesting diagrams/patterns that i could use the canvas for?

i also have loads of hessian sacking if anyone knows good uses for it.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Pierre, I would be intersted in a guide to cutting and sewing a pack. I've seen many pics & have a rough plan, but would appreciate any first hand experience of making one.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Fallow Way,
You could use the hessian to make a Ghillie suit - great camouflage for wildlife watching. There's plenty of info on the web but most of what I have found is about the military uses rather than wildlife observation.

Just a suggestion

Ogri the trog

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Fallow Way said:
I am already using the burlap for that very project :) i have a modern gillie suit but wanted to make one, so using a British NBC suit as the base i`m making one.

Great minds eh?

But the thought of the old NBC suits makes my teeth curl yeuch!

ATB

Ogri the trog

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
JohnC said:
Pierre, I would be intersted in a guide to cutting and sewing a pack. I've seen many pics & have a rough plan, but would appreciate any first hand experience of making one.

You know, what I will have to do is get the kids to show me how to put photos up. It just is too hard to explain using only words. I've made about 20 of them - most of which were the Duluth pack style. I use this pack for any type of packing, Once you get used to the tump - you will never go back to a frame pack.

I should be off work Tuesday. I will try to get it done then.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE