Can't see the woods for mushrooms

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
went for a bimble in the woods a few km away from where I live to day and was stunned at the sheer number of mushrooms.
None that I found were edible as far as I know and as you have to get up pretty early to find them. I'm working my way through IDing them but it all takes time.
Here are today's photos.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Just this weekend I was amazed at the number of fungi in my local park - especially under some old oaks. Went out and photoed some but haven't got a digital camera.

The weather must be ideal for them or something.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
At Richmond Park on Saturday I spotted lots of large Parasol Mushrooms (Macrolepiota procera), quite a few large Birch Polypore (Piptoporus betulinus) and loads of other unidentifiable (to my eyes) stuff.

Ideal conditions I suppose, it was fairly early in the day, and whilst there had been good rain during the week, Saturday was dry and sunny.

The flies and Slugs were making the most of them!

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
there's a good walk near me, which leads to a great wood, with public access, and one of the routes passes through a golf course. On several occasions, I've managed to collect plenty of mushrooms and fairy ring champignon, as long as it's early enough in the morning, they remain untrampled, so are easy pickings.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE