canoeing and camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
hi guys I've not been on here for a long time but i need your help. i am trying to find somewhere i can Canoe and then camp for a few days, what i'd really like is a lake or loch with islands i can camp on, could anyone recommend anywhere in the uk?

Gweedo

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
Wales
Loch Shiel springs to mind. Lots of places to camp on the shorelines and lots of wildlife to see. Other than that, have a look at Knoydart.

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
Yep loch sheil nice, loch awe also good and indeed loch etive. If you go a little further north west though you have some right gems, loch morar, loch maree to name a couple :) if you are not looking at trekking too far north, loch lomond is good with plenty of islands, but I would only recommend going there through the colder months as this deters the masses of neds you will come across (summer can be busy on lomond)..

Steve

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
Beaton midge jacket, keeps the buggers at bay, although hardly a fashion accessory :) Lots of people swear by Avon skin so soft and smidge, I have tried both with smidge being ok. Your better off just making sure you set up camp where there's a breeze :) midges don't like the wind.

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE