Canned Tuna in oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i just love how its "at least 65% tuna" :)
i prefer tuna in water myself, they cost about 50-60p over here, which is one of the most expensive countries in the world.

Up here in the deprived Northwest of England B and M Bargains are selling three tins of Piteu tuna for only £1.
The fact that it is in oil is a bonus as the oil can be used for cooking or as a salad dressing. I would never buy anything in brine.
Great for picnics camping or even snacks and meals at home.
The expiry date is not until 2016 so I have bought 30 tins for the princely sum of £10.
I might go back for another 30 tins while it is still in stock.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
You could use the oil and can from the tuna to make a kudlic lamp.
I remember a story I heard years ago from an Italian friend about the Naples city government's attempt to compile
a cookbook of typical dishes of the region and the uproar that occurred when they included a recipe that called for dolphin meat. Om nom nom.
Happy trails...torc.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Not yet. The nearest B&M is 11 miles from me, any savings would be wiped out by the travel costs. I love Lidl and Aldi products, cheap and surprisingly good quality.
:approve:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Have you tried it?

I have, and there is nothing at all untoward about it.

It is a budget product; probably the tuna equivalent of teabags, but is tasty and satisfying as part of a light lunch (with bread and a little mixed salad).

I'll certainly buy it again. Thanks for the head up, Richard.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE