Candle lights???

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Currently out of stock on the website but marksandspencer.com did a tealight collapsable version for around £3 ( search for "hanging tealight candle lantern" to make it easy ) I got 3 for <£10 during the Winter festive season, a 3 for 2 offer and £3.50 P&P. A big plus is tealights are cheap and easy to get hold off, though only burn for 4-6 hours.

One of the things I mean to try out now it's got warmer is using citronella tealights in them.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Ogden said:
... but out in the woods only Krill lightsticks link .
(reasons: waterproof, less weight + space, no fire, 180degree version....you know that) ;about 12 - 15 Euros.

I must admit I rather fancy a Krilll light for inside the hammock but not keen on disposable batteries. have you tried running them on high capacity rechargable batteries? Just that having read through the website I'm having doubts that they'll work as well as they do on alkaline/lithium ones.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Glen said:
I must admit I rather fancy a Krilll light for inside the hammock but not keen on disposable batteries. have you tried running them on high capacity rechargable batteries? Just that having read through the website I'm having doubts that they'll work as well as they do on alkaline/lithium ones.

Pity Glo-Toob Lithium's are still vapourware. They've said they'll run on rechargeable CR123s.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
bikething said:
some 'kit-monster' :rolleyes:

The answer, obviously, is to get one of each for 'evaluation purposes' :D

:lmao: I agree but alas i am but a student who has limited resources, maybe i should change it to 'wanna be kit monster'
But after looking at my accumulated kit from over the years i dont think i could pull that one off :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE