Canadian surplus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Has anyone had any comments on the new Canadian CADPAT gear. I'm toying with the idea of the arid trousers for summer use as they seem to fit the bill at reasonable price.

Not too camo looking and should over dye easily if I want (possibly blue or dark red!)

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Ed,

CADPAT is made of exactly the same material as the older olive green gear. It's a 50/50 nylon cotton in an aertex twill weave with the nylon sandwiched between two layers of cotton. They dry amazingly fast and take loads of abuse. If you're like me and not a huge fan of camouflage clothing then I'd suggest just going for the green.

Cheers,

Adam

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Adam,

Thanks - problem is finding olive green ones over here. The arid/desert are not to bad as the do not look like you are trying to blend in. Plus with the cotton content I can always dye them as I've done with other combat trousers - blue, red, organe depending how silly I'm feeling.

Cheers

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Ouch....yeah, I'd forgotten about the currency and location difference. I just had a look at google and I wasn't able to find anything really worthwhile other than that Flecktarn site.

Sorry!

Adam

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
That's true. And like you said, you can always dye them. I can guarantee though that you won't be disappointed. CF combats are the best hot weather garments I've ever seen. (Yeah yeah yeah, I'm biased) :D

Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE