Canadian Military Mukluks - Sizing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Does anyone have any advice of what size Canadian Army Mukluks to go for, should I go for the equivalent UK size or go large?

My brother is coming over from the states and is sourcing a pair.

(On a side note, is their any other US/Canadian kit worth bringing over?)

Thanks
Jim

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Just googled it: improved load bearing equipment(?)

His space is limited but he could use it as his luggage and return with my battered old suitcase (or plce).

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
I just recently got a pair. My feet are 8 1/2, in American size, which is roughly 41 or 42, last time I recall getting fitted for Brit footwear, but I could be wrong. I went with a medium size (they come in small, medium, and large, I think). The pair I ordered dont have the felt liner-just the muks themselves, and the felt insoles (2 each foot). I still need to get the felt booties, but they feel the right size. I actually waterproofed the bottom part of mine, as that is what will come into contact with the snow, when snowshoeing this winter. Hope that helped!

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
I just recently got a pair. My feet are 8 1/2, in American size, which is roughly 41 or 42, last time I recall getting fitted for Brit footwear, but I could be wrong. I went with a medium size (they come in small, medium, and large, I think). The pair I ordered dont have the felt liner-just the muks themselves, and the felt insoles (2 each foot). I still need to get the felt booties, but they feel the right size. I actually waterproofed the bottom part of mine, as that is what will come into contact with the snow, when snowshoeing this winter. Hope that helped!

Thanks oldsoldier. I've seen cheap pair with liners that are one size larger than my feet so maybe they'll be to big. Most that I can find are too small (I'm a US size 11).

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Just googled it: improved load bearing equipment(?)

His space is limited but he could use it as his luggage and return with my battered old suitcase (or plce).

That's it. Especially the ruck system. But be advised: You need to be sure to get the whole system (Main Pack, Straps, Hip Belt, and Lid) as many or sold piecemeal. Also be sure it's the actual issue and not a knock-off. The originals were designed by Arteryx and the subsequent contractor was Propper.

There's also an assault pack available that can be worn separately as a day pack or attached to the main pack to increase it's total capacity.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE