Canadian Canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
After hanging in the shed for the last 14 years, my home built canoe has got to go. It is an Algonquin canoe, although the designer''s name escapes me. It is 14 foot long and easy to handle with one adult, two adults, or one adult plus kids. It is stitch and tape construction and could do with a clean up. Generally, it is in good condition, no rot, no leaks and could give someone a lot of fun.Location is Holywell, North Wales.
Can send photographs.

Last edited:

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What a cracking offer! Are you packing in paddling altogether or just looking at making a bit of space?

I've only paddled a couple of home built canoes but they have a special "something", that commercially produced boats never have.

Steve

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'm yer huckleberry Graham :thumbup: and would love to take you up on your generous offer. I could come this evening or whenever is convenient. Pm inbound thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
The canoe has now been spoken for and thanks for your interest and bandwidth.

I wouldn't say I'm packing up paddling, but my paddling has changed since I built that one. I'm now more interested in coastal meandering and fishing, so a sit on top is on the list for this year. Anglesey is just a wonderful place to paddle around :)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Collected with many thanks . Thank you for the warm reception and effortless conversation. It will be cherished and see many a new adventure. Thank you Sir. :cool:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Have paddles , folding anchor , ba for my lad , will create some flotation packs
One river on the doorstep....literally.
tetape2a.jpg

When we settle down , and have our next motor , I'll drop you a line ....

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Interesting could be one way of putting it ;)

Aye she's a belter Graham. Hopefully get her wet very soon. What tape do I need for repairs should I scuff the tape ? Thanks again ......still got a giddy belly feeling :cool:

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
Chis,
The tape is the glass reinforcing tape in the fibreglass. If you hit anything hard enough to damage that, you've got bigger problems elsewhere! :)

Graham

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Chis,
The tape is the glass reinforcing tape in the fibreglass. If you hit anything hard enough to damage that, you've got bigger problems elsewhere! :)

Graham

Goody gum drops....Will do my best to avoid the calders rocks ;)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Had my first outing down the Calder yesterday......after the day befores swell....
3udazuqe.jpg
..it was interesting.....especially for two amateurs.
It's definitely Better sitting in than on.
Really impressed with the stability in rough water.
It was a first for us and a first for the pub , when we parked up outside.
a5a7yhum.jpg

My boss managed to break the centre brace :( but reckons it can be fixed.

A grand hour out , thank you again..
..I can see me doing alot of traveling with it.
Gud 'elth

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Aye it's a belter for sure. My phone camera is poor , here's some better shots .....he's certainly very skilful and very generous is Graham.

2agu3y8y.jpg

Tips hat for the welcome.....cheers

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
Chis,
Make sure you replace the centre brace before you go out in it again. It prevents the side of the canoe collapsing inwards with water pressure.
You can lift the canoe by it, but only with your hands right next to the gunwhales/sides, not near the middle. Although I think you've probably found that out already :)
Glad you are having fun in it.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE