Can you recommend a knife bag for...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 10, 2009
UK
I recently purchased a set containing various knives for carving + whittling, and the less usual inclusion is a draw knife.

I'm looking for a bag / utility roll that'll fit these in, with the main focus being securing the blade of the draw knife safely, so any recommendations you guys can make would be most welcome! :)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Maybe try axminster tools site,
I'd think tradesmens tool rolls for the likes of sharp chisels would be a good bet.

You used to get good leather ones years ago that attached to the front of motorbikes,don't know if you still do.

Aug 10, 2009
UK
Thanks for your replies so far all, some good suggestions. I'm having a look through over lunch.

For clarity and a sense of scale, here's a pic of the knife in question, up next to a laplander:

(About 14-15")

Thanks again! :)

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Hi raggi! Welcome to the forum!! (have we met before??) (wink)

Mate,

That knife is bigger than I thought, the web-tex roll i suggested wont be big enough for that bad boy!

Spose I know what I'm looking for this afternoon

Aug 10, 2009
UK
Yeah, tbh, at this point, I'm thinking of getting the roll anyway, for other bits too, and then making some kind of cylinder sheath to just secure the blade, then I won't mind wrapping it up in the middle. Maybe I'll make a nice wooden cover this weekend as my first production...

P.S. Arrived hella-sharp too, much sharper than the rest of the set :)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
If you know a freindly engineer the telescopic plastic boxes that larger drills and cutters come in are good and safe for storing awkward shaped knives, ie hooked knives etc.

Dave

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just wrap a bunch of leather around the blade, an old leather belt would do. You could get a large piece of leather, fold it and place it over the edge and then tie it in place with string. I doubt it would be that difficult to make, I have taken knives out before a sheath has been made for it and wrapped it in an old rag. It worked. Cardboard sheaths are easy to make too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE