Can someone help with leather please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

freenarative

Oct 18, 2012
oldham
I have a butchers knife that I found in a car boot sale. It looked sad and lonely and I decided that I would rescue him. He has been cleaned and sharpened and I am awaiting some paracord to wrap his handle; I took the old handle off. It wasn't doing the blade any justice.
Any way; Now you know BB's history I have a question. As I said before, I sharpened him and I did the job VERY well. He can cut through anything I put before him. And here is the problem. I want to give him a leather sheath. I have synthetic sinew, the needles and an awl but I have no idea what leather to use or what sort of design to use. Any ideas? Also, where can I get the leather from and should I line the sheath???
In short... PLEASE HELP!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
there are various youtube how-tos and picture tutorials on this forum, british blades, or just youtube. a quick search should throw a good range up. otherwise check out leatherworker.net for them

in regards to the leather it depends on the style of sheath. i would say 3-4mm veg tan for a simple no nonsense sheath which you can then wet mould if desired. leprevo are my first port of call for leather but if you just want enough for one or two sheaths there are a few good sellers on ebay for smaller pieces

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE