can some one tell me all about.........

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got a Thermarest self-inflating mattresss. To be honest, you still need to blow it up yourself to get it firm enough but less than a lilo. It's quite heavy, mind but durable enough. I'd still want to protect it with something if I was using it on the ground, mind, but I'm into hammocking at the moment

How is that a "sleep system"? Isn't it just a sleeping bag? Looks cosy, though. Wish I'd bought one of the US Forces sleep systems as probably would have ended up cheaper and better than the bits I've got, but hey-ho.

I've got a Thermarest self-inflating mattresss. To be honest, you still need to blow it up yourself to get it firm enough but less than a lilo. It's quite heavy, mind but durable enough. I'd still want to protect it with something if I was using it on the ground, mind, but I'm into hammocking at the moment

How is that a "sleep system"? Isn't it just a sleeping bag? Looks cosy, though. Wish I'd bought one of the US Forces sleep systems as probably would have ended up cheaper and better than the bits I've got, but hey-ho.[/QUOT

When i bought it the bloke in the shop explained to me that on its own its ideal for using with a tent but if i bought the bivvy bag as well(about £25 i think) you could easily use it just under a tarp.I thought the extra £25 was a bit much at the time.
Ive just seen on their site you can get a liner for four quid.I s'pose thats whyb they call it a sleep system

I've been looking at some old threads on S.E.mats and the general consensus is that you still have to inflate them manually for the final bit.If thats the case i may as well stick with the 150 mm single mattress and a 12 volt pump that the kids use in the tent

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Sleep is a very important, apart from the food thingy.

For liners, silk helps for lightweight considerations, cottons a bit useless, fleece is great if you've a big sac.

Best value mattress would be a foam mat but an inflatable is better and even better is the likes of an expedition down mat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE