Can I send a fixed blade knife as a gift to a person in the UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Hi folks

Is it allowed for me to send a fixed blade knife - Hultafors craftsman's knife - to an UK Citizen?

From what I have read at the UK customs page, this seems to be ok. Am I right?

Cheers,
Greger

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Unless it is a particular knife ie. one that you have modified or has sentimental or special meaning it might be easier to simply order one from a website and have it delivered to the persons address. It will probably work out a lot cheaper, with a lot less hassle and will give a measure of security too.

DB

samobaggins

On a new journey
Mar 26, 2014
Bicester
You need to check with the couriers as well because there are quite a few that won't deliver this end even if they accept it your end.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
There's nothing illegal about sending knives in the UK so long as they aren't prohibited ones (balisong, flick knives, gravity knives etc) as long as it's securely packaged you're fine

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Ok thanks

It is part of a Swedish survival kit, of sorts: Knife, Reindeer "jerky", Freeloaders cup (fold-a-cup), Tobacco (snus). It is not complete without some home processed potatoes (moon shine), but shipping flammable substances...nah....

AdeInTokyo

Feb 13, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
You arebmore likely yo get in trouble with the tabbaco products than a "bushcraft" knife. The government is more worried about you getting around tax than potentially killing someone... Lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE