Can I or Carn't I

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Can I or can’t I use kiwi polish on my gortex lowas I use lowas active creme on them at present but this dose not polish, Looking through old threads there seems to be some confusion on whether it stops them breathing or not but the army must polish them????

Any help gratefully received.

MAL

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I use it on mine and haven't had any problems from it...but other say it's a no no so I guess it's up to your personally choice...as you can see fromthe other threads there wasn't a definative answer :D

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I'm guessing the goretex is a liner, rather than the fabric of the boot?
It depends on a number of things, but you shouldn't polish goretex - all the micro pores get blocked up and you might as well cut out the expensive material and throw it away as it can't breathe any more. Nikwax do a load of boot polish things, have a look on their website. I'm not familiar with your boot but I'd guess you want special polish... :confused:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Mal mate apart from Battoning while drunk to make your legs fit your trousers I'd say use any polish you like on your boots, but - if they have material sides (jungle boot style) this is meant to breath so dont polish over that area.

One thing you might find interesting was the army stopped issuing snow block or whatever it was called to us with the new proboots because it was rotting or weaking the stitching but I have used every type of polish known to man probably and never had a problem.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
I just don’t know what else you would use:confused: And after you told me Gary to cut 4" off my legs to make my trousers fit it has now put doubt in my mined as to the soundness of your advice and expertise :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE