Can anyone tell me....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
what's the difference between this...
0312093594.01.MZZZZZZZ

Which I've just taken delivery of (why is it printed in the US???) and this...

0091878861.02.MZZZZZZZ

Both are called "the outdoor survival handbook" by ray mears.

gurushaun

Forager
Sep 12, 2003
Modbury, Devon/Cannock Staffs
Martyn

If you post the ISDN of the US one I'll see if it is the same as the first *Outdoor Survival Handbook * that Ray wrote which has a lot more information in than the later one you've pictured. The US edtion seems to use Ray's full name (as the earlier UK edtion did) so you may have the more thorough copy. did you pick up the US edtion new? I ask because the earlier UK edtion has been out of print for some time.

Cheers

Shaun

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I think that the second is just a reprint of the first.

I've got the the first one and I've seen the second in a bookshop.

Had a flick through and think it was basically the same, although I haven't directly compared them.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Theres no difference at all. I've had the second one for over 18 months, then I saw the the first one on Amazon about 6 months ago so I ordered it.

Big disappointment when it arrived, exactly the same book. Gave it to my Brother in law for Christmas. So it came in handy anyway. :-D

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
The first is the slightly americanised (americanized?) version of the second. I ordered them both from Amazon thinking them to be different books, sent the UK edition back because it was the more expensive. Main difference I could pick up was on the " Using OS maps" page where he talks about the US geological survey and the "Useful addresses" appendix.

The american edition isn't the same as Raymond's :wink: first book which is just "The Survival Handbook"
Cheers

Justin

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i got both from different place's well niffed when i found them to be the
same but on the good side i get 1 to colect and 1 to use :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE