Can anyone modify a pocket knife for me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jake3690

Feb 9, 2016
Gloucestershire
Hello, I am looking for someone who can modify a pocket knife I have. The below picture shows a GEC Hayn Helper with the orange handle and a GEC Northfield Harvester with the ebony handle. I love the sheepsfoot blade of the Hayn helper and was hoping some could modify the blade of the harvester to be similar. I would have a go myself but I would like it to be finished to a high standard and I doubt I can do this.

Anyone on here that has the know how to do this? Obviously happy to pay for the job as well!

Thanks for reading,

Jake

20160416_174321.jpg

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I did this with the mother-in-laws garden knife, only used a cheap belt grinder and a file, polished it up with a dremel, now have a decent polisher so will ill do a better job on it when she wants it sharpened,was my first time but wasn't too difficult.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Gotta say, the Harvester looks like a great knife.

I'd save for a decent sheepsfoot and have 2 useful knives, or offer the Harvestman in trade. BritishBlades might be helpful for modifications or swaps.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I could do it, but it may better to get a different knife as mentioned. Uless you really want that one modified of course!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE