Campsites in UK allowing stoves or fireboxes in tipis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 11, 2009
Totnes
Hello All,

I am about to get my first tipi/lavvu and primarily want one I can have a firebox or woodburning stove inside. Just wondering whether any UK campsites allow you to do this? Also do they prefer woodburning stoves (being a sealed unit) over the open fire risk of fireboxes?

Any help gratefully recieved! Cheers, Clare

P.S. Have also posted the same question on SOTP so sorry for any overlaps!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Comrie Croft, near Creiff in Scotland allow fires/fireboxes, each camping plot has a firepit already situated.
great site too.

Jul 11, 2009
Totnes
Thanks guys, really brilliant resources - very much appreciated!

Also though I would still love to hear from anyone who has used a firebox or woodburning stove in their tipi/lavvu on a UK campsite....I know you're out there somewhere!

Clare

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks guys, really brilliant resources - very much appreciated!

Also though I would still love to hear from anyone who has used a firebox or woodburning stove in their tipi/lavvu on a UK campsite....I know you're out there somewhere!

Clare

A firebox or stove is only the same as a BBQ if you can have BBQ's on site then a stove/firebox will be ok. Campsites are funny about open fires as a general rule, but contained fires are different.

Wombat

Jul 19, 2008
Lancaster
www.tomahawk-tipis.co.uk
Hi Bahati,

Sykeside Camping Park allow woodburners in Tipi/lavu style tents. There is regulary one or two on there. They only ask that the fire is off the ground and contained.

Good news is the sites open all year round too, great for winter camping.
Hope this helps.

Wombat

Jul 11, 2009
Totnes
Thanks everyone for all your help - feel much more confident now and we are about to take our first trip soon so v. excited. Hopefully we can check out some of the recommended sites it due course!

Clare

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Bahati,

i have a tundra 8 tipi and a tentipi collaspable firebox. Both great bits of kit, but i still have yet to use them both together without having to lie with my nose 6" from the floor. I have tried allsorts to improve the air flow to help the smoke draw upwards but, to no avail.
all we do now, is have the firebox just outside the tipi and hope the rain keeps off. I don't know if anybody else here has any experiences or sugestions.

All the best

Baggins

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE