Camping in Glencoe, any campsites near the pubs?

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm planning a trip to Glencoe next week. What I need to know is are there any campsites within walking distance of a pub?

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
You can camp at either end of Glencoe buddy the Kingshouse is at one end and the Clahaig at the other there is or was the red squirrel campsite at the north next to the Clahaig and people used to camp next to the Kingshouse.

hammy

Forager
Sep 28, 2004
Pegswood, Northumberland.
Here you go.
Good beer and food.
Whats your plans I've done a lot of climbing in this area.

coe.jpg

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
What a selection of whiskey and beer there is in the Clachaig as well you are in for a treat !

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Camp at the Red Squirrel site, the one near the Clachaig in that pic above, and you are allowed fires, so good to keep the midges away.

I would advise a midge headnet and maybe a midge jacket too.

Hope it's windy for you !

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
The green welly shop at Crianlarich sells midge jackets etc u will need them they are HUGE up there .

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Gill,

Good call, I bought one there on the way to Fort William, Arisaig and did not need it there but on Skye, from Mallaig, boy did I need it on Skye ! Even the toilets and showers in Glen Sligachan campsite had them.

Woadhart

Feb 24, 2012
Fife
Another fan of the Clachaig here, lovely place with some quality tipple and dog friendly too.

The old fella that runs the Red Squirrel is a nice chap and the times I've been they've always had decent piles of firewood for you to use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE