camping in czechia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
In the south towards Austria you have nice deep forests. To the north east towards Poland you have nice mountains. Forested too.
Just a little side note, I was recently in zlockie, Poland with a friend from the town and was told there are some pretty hefty fines for camping/lighting fires in the forests and national parks. Particularly around the tatra mountain range. Did see a lot of rangers with dogs patrolling the forests even hours into the woods.

Cannot comment on how accurate this is but thought it was worth a mention.

Sent from my BV6000S using Tapatalk

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Wow! Yes you're definitely an interesting chap. :)
My wife speaks four languages, but I'm just a lazy Englishman who either talks louder or draws pictures to communicate. Actually I'm not that bad. I can speak a few words in a few languages to get by if needed.

The Czech house sounds interesting. I regret not doing a similar thing in Chepelare in the Bulgarian mountains years ago when I had the chance. It was at the bottom of a ski slope. An old farm house with two barns. The locals considered it worthless. I went to the same place ten years later and a German guy had bought it and renovated the lot as tourist chalets. The locals also had a different mind set and remembered me thinking about buying it. I also regret not buying a forest at the same time for 1900 GBP.
I'm glad to hear you did what I didn't have the nerve to do. :)

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
I think I'd be fine in Northern Scandanavia, but I'd not get my wife there. She's from Taipei so it's too cold for her.
I have been considering Portugal, though the massive forest fires recently haven't helped to fully sway me.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Your wife would love a nice thick fur coat. Real fur. Fox or Mink. That would make her be happy...
You have to be clever with women..... I am still a novice, but have learned that they love a fur coat!

Cant speak for all woman, but I would have to politely disagree... it is my experience that, with most that I have met anyway, would not thank you for a real fur coat, especially in the case of my wife, she would not even entertain the idea of a faux fur, just in case somebody might mistake it for the real deal & think badly of her... & I would have thought this also to be the thinking of the majority of modern day woman. I could possibly be mistaken though....

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Cant speak for all woman, but I would have to politely disagree... it is my experience that, with most that I have met anyway, would not thank you for a real fur coat, especially in the case of my wife, she would not even entertain the idea of a faux fur, just in case somebody might mistake it for the real deal & think badly of her... & I would have thought this also to be the thinking of the majority of modern day woman. I could possibly be mistaken though....[/

Last edited:

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
My wife wouldn't be that keen on wearing fur, being all buddhist etc... :)
On the other hand, my various eastern european exes were all for fur in winter. (Fur and diamonds I might add!)
And I'll forever be a novice with women! :)

Portugal is quite a surprising place. Around Castello Branco and Coimbra there's lots of forests, hills and rivers with abandoned farms and olive groves going for very low prices. There's a bit of a self sufficiency movement quitely happening in those regions.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Haha! Yes those pleasures are but a distant memory as a married man nowadays. :)

That seal fur parka sounds perfect for the North. I guess you still visit Scandinavia as I guess she doesn't get much wear out of it in the Cayman islands?

Yes, guys. If you want to adventure inland in Portugal you'll be surprised.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
There were two large bear skin coats that belonged to my grandmother, I thought they might be of use some day so held on to them, they never impressed any of my exes, think they are in our loft still.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
I also remember while I still lived with my parents one of my early ex showed repeated disgust at a deer skin which my father had over the back of his chair like a large antimacassar it was really hard and shaped to the curve of his bat winged Pvc swivel rocking chair, it always had a bit of a weird smell haven't a clue where he got it from, I recall him putting it in the bath to soften it and letting it dry out on the chair periodically, I also recall it getting attacked by maggots at one stage pretty disgusting really,
same disgust from different ex when I tried taxidermy as a teenager I wasn't very good at it successfully made a rabbit skin pouch sporran type thing, then was given a 2 year old dog fox which went rancid was planning to make it like a rug with head & skull. Successfully skinned & cured & stuffed a wee mole using only meths, My father did public speaking of Robert Burns poetry & used the wee mole as a prop for ‘Tae a Moose’ I think my sister has him still, the mole that is, not my father.
Other than seal skin for spoons & excluding leather not much need for animal pelts
for coats exc. in Scotland

apologies to the op for going well off topic.

Jul 14, 2017
Ireland
Janne, deep forest sounds like it. I'll look into the regulations. Thanks for the advice!
dannyk64 thanks for the warning - I wouldn't want to land a fine!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE