Campfire Grills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
I haven't but its a great link - thanks, theres a tripod and some other bits on there which look really good as well!

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
GSI Campfire Grill - £10 :eek: :eek: :eek:

I use exactly the same design and size, but picked it up for £2.00 at a pound stretcher. The other products look good though.

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
At the scout group i am at, we have found that bbq grills work just as well, or somethings if u ask nicely at some supermarkets, they will give u 1 or 2 old trollies, and the sides and bottom work well as bbq grills. if u cant find them, u know the law. possession is 9 tenths of the law.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
PJMCBear said:
GSI Campfire Grill - £10 :eek: :eek: :eek:

I use exactly the same design and size, but picked it up for £2.00 at a pound stretcher. The other products look good though.
Go down to your local Council dump where people leave old fridges and freezers, cookers etc. Ask if you can have a shelf out of one of them. They make great campfire grills. A bit like the GSI grill, but even cheaper than £2 :D

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Made one to live in the boat about 6 years ago out of angle iron and weldmesh fence. It will probably outlast me, but just make sure you burn the galvy off the weldmesh before using it.

DSCN0331.jpg

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Slightly off topic, but we often camp in the same spot and have a "grill tree" there.

We store our grills hooked to a branch up in the tree and climb up to get them when we arrive. You'd never see them unless you were looking for them.

After a blast in the fire they are good-to-go. Cheating a bit, but it saves having to carry a greasy grill about.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
steven andrews said:
Slightly off topic, but we often camp in the same spot and have a "grill tree" there.

We store our grills hooked to a branch up in the tree and climb up to get them when we arrive. You'd never see them unless you were looking for them.

After a blast in the fire they are good-to-go. Cheating a bit, but it saves having to carry a greasy grill about.
A word of caution from bitter experience. We had a similar set up in the woods near our house. Got there one day, complete with sausages, grandaughter etc, to find that the Forestry Commission had felled the surrounding trees and our grill was under tonnes of branches. Try explaininng that to a 7 year old! :eek:

D

DavidW

Off topic from the original grill asked about.

But , if you could use a small light weight grill of small grill area you might find the Grilliput interesting.

http://candlelantern.com/grilliput.html

It wts. .56kg , collaspes into a tube 29cm x 2.2cm ( 11.4" x .87" )
and makes out to a grill area of 23 cm x 10 cm ( 9" x 10" )

David

fred gordon said:
.....They are a bit on the heavy side though if you have to take them any distance. However, from the car or canoe great. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE