camp sites arras france

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wedgie

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008
gods own county of yorkshire
hi all
does any one know of any campsites local to arras france as 3 of us are doing a ww1 trip in remembrance of relatives killed in ww1
as we are hoping to use tarps and if possible hammocks ( im official an arthritic old git)
but we will be going over on the 14/3/10
the lad who claimed to be going and to have all the info has just told us that he aint going and that he has not done any research on it either

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
i havent camped there but i did a similar thin and camped near roubaix, i was on a road trip and just stumbled upon campsites - there are quite a lot in that area, as for hammock and tarp im not sure, the one i was at was a massive field and hard standings for caravan 'camping' lol

you could prob approach a farmer and camp in a wood on his land. not sure what the law is in various european countries on wild camping but i sneaky camped twice and didnt have any bother either in france or belgium - however to prevent legal action blah blah i cant recommend you do this!

wedgie

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008
gods own county of yorkshire
i havent camped there but i did a similar thin and camped near roubaix, i was on a road trip and just stumbled upon campsites - there are quite a lot in that area, as for hammock and tarp im not sure, the one i was at was a massive field and hard standings for caravan 'camping' lol

you could prob approach a farmer and camp in a wood on his land. not sure what the law is in various european countries on wild camping but i sneaky camped twice and didnt have any bother either in france or belgium - however to prevent legal action blah blah i cant recommend you do this!

we did a trip around Europe a couple of years ago and found places like some of the auto ban rest areas were useful :)) and down farm tracks in begulm, germany austria .

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
we did a trip around Europe a couple of years ago and found places like some of the auto ban rest areas were useful :)) and down farm tracks in begulm, germany austria .

thats exactly what i did for a month!!! we didnt plan anything apart from a eurocamp for 5 days for some adventure activities! We just drove around france, italy, austria, germany and belgium it was great.

and yeah french rest stops, and austrian ones actually we just camped in the woods at the back of most of them! surprised we didnt get murdered or raped or something lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE