camp knife in o1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
just finished the scales on this one, has a 1/4" thick 7 1/2" blade 13" overall. made from o1 tool steel, scales oak with 5mm brass pins. just one coat of tung oil so far and of course needs a sheath. light is really bad so sorry i cant get better pics. not added my makers "red dot" mark yet... weighs in at 1lb

Last edited:

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
Beast!

any plans for the sheath, something fancy or simple?

olive kydex with leather belt loop i think? keep it practical. not sure what to do with it? more an exercise in seeing how big i could go with my current set up and this thing is on the limit! it is fantastic chopping kindling! cleared a fair bit of ash from the bottom of our garden with it up to 4 inchs with no trouble. balance point is about 10mm in front of the plunges it cuts deep and throws some decent sized chips for its size!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Sounds like it'll be lovely when finished mate. i'm still in awe at how fast you've managed to go from never having made a knife to turning out stunner after stunner!

What about a stacked leather handle, brass bolster/capped big bellied hunting style knife? real traditional sort of thing with a full convex, like the old Marbles and USA madebranded stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE