Camp Furniture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntoTheWild

Jan 11, 2016
Warwickshire
I'm going to Snowdonia again for a 5 day wild camp soon, there will be 4 of us.

What I'm planning is to make some sort of communal seating area that's also sheltered from the elements. I like the idea of a long bench built completely out of logs/sticks etc.

Have any of you tried something like this? And what did you find easiest/most effective?

Thanks,
ITW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flexo

Forager
Dec 3, 2010
france
a thick auger and a hatchet to make round tenons and mortaise are the easiest and fastest way , for a bench to split is the thing i'd do ,then once bench set, plane it with a drawknife.
and a good saw to cut legs

how to mesure the legs, ands a lazy/easy way to do by u s designer Jimmy diresta
https://youtu.be/bumdQ-nc3sA

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Easiest is to bang 4 uprights into the ground as an oblong the length and depth of the seat, per bench, then lash a piece between a pair to form an "H" shape at each end of the rectangle and lay on straight poles across the "H"s to form the seat. If you want a back then two of the poles banged into the back - one per pair of the "H"s needs to be longer so you can lash poles on to it to form the back of the bench.
Only tools needed are the standard saw, axe and knife - plus a bit of cord...
I hope you follow what I mean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE