Camo or not Camo that is the question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which colour clothing for bushcrafting?

• Ex army camoflage

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Plain green / earth colours

Votes: 87 68.0%
  • Realtree type camoflage

• Ordinary colour walking or hiking clothes

• Anything I don't mind getting ripped or burned

Votes: 26 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
For me it is blue denim jacket blue denim jeans. Red denim shirt.
Ranch wellington boots these are made from elephant hide vary tuf.
and a Stetson hat. These have been my preferred Camping an Hunting
gear fore a long time.
:) :D :cool:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I voted OG in the poll, but i prefer earth tones you just can't get the stuff!

i used to be a "camo nut"! ;) but here's how/why i changed......

basically i wanted to blend into the envronment DPM does this well, but always the problem wen you got back to a road i'd get the odd comment about being "in the army" or "rambo" ect....at one point all my outdoor gear was DPM, including PLCE bergen and webbing!

living in a city i eventually got fed up with the comments and turned to OG, strangely enough i feel i draw less attention to myself wearing OG in the field too!

somehow wearing camo, makes you feel you already blend in so you don't Need to hide, but OG you are more aware that you have to be cautious.

e.g.
those that were (or still are) into paintball, back in the eary 90's may remember a british team called the "thunderbirds" they were a very good team and won loads of comps in various outdoor settings, the whole team wore navy blue overalls!

So O.G. it is! i have found though that earth browns ( like Coyote) are even better as they work for the ground in sping/summer autumn leaves bleak winter backgrounds and sand areas to!

but.....if i had to choose a camo over any....it would be auscam, it blends with far more than DPM or woodland!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm with Spike, I don't care, DPM, OG, blue and yellow Berghaus, really don't care what others think, I just want to be warm dry and comfortable;)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Always go for the greens/browns myself. I have noticed there have been a lot of Polls recently. One thing I have noticed as a result though, and that's how 'normal' I seem to be compared with the rest of you guys. Question! Should I be worried?:p

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
I like camouflage, I wear a mixture of flecktarn, sumpfmuster, dpm and desert dpm depending on conditions. I'm planning to get some cadpat as well. I wouldn't bother with realtree type patterns, the clothing is expensive and the patterns are generally too small and dark for most situations round here. Advantage timber seems OK (for brown areas in the winter), but it's still expensive.
The most intersting camouflages I've seen are Roggenwolf and Hyperstealth Biotechnology

Sgt Sim

Tenderfoot
May 2, 2007
Edinburgh
I do not realy like cammo, it puts me in a special mode that I do not whish to have when I am in the forrest (or mountains) in my own time. I am realy trying to avoid cammo, but that is probably just me trying to for the first time in avery long time be a actual civilian (it is hard, but I am trying..) I do however not minde other wearing it, but to be hounest, sometimes and with some people, I do wounder: "why...?"

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
Hmmn first of all be grateful you have a choice!

Allow me to explain. .

You see @ 6' 8'' I have an inside leg of 36 in as you can imagine finding ANY items of clothing useful for purpose is difficult so I have to make do with what I can find.

So when given your choice of Camo, OG or even bright purple moleskin remember some don't have a choice:(

(sniffles and goes to hide semi naked in the bushes)

Kev

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE