Camera Purchase Help Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Guys

Up to now I have only used compact cameras, but I want to buy something that can be used for close range use, but able to zoom out to a greater distance without having to buy or carry around extra lenses to change.

I found this in Argos and wondered what you photo experts thought of it as a starting point.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...ogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=5593543

I read a few customer reviews and thought it was OK and there is an offer on at the moment that means you can have the camera, a 4GB SDHC card and a case for £170.

Opinions please, but be gentle with me, this is my first swaree into cameras.

Cheers

Phill

Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
I think you'll be pleased with that camera. I have the S2000HD, a recent purchase, and am very pleased with it. It's not my first Fuji bridge camera, and I have an S3 Pro as well so I'm a Fuji fan. Easy to use, good colour rendition and plenty of features for the money.

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
Bridge camera's are excellent. I bought my first one last year and its so much better than carrying an SLR and a bag full of lenses around (for me anyway).

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ28 and I've recently bought my dad the TZ7 (not a bridge camera but a very capable compact). Both are excellent - I would recommend any Panasonic Lumix based on these two. The only downside is they are a tad expensive.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
One thing that doesn't get picked up on so much is that bridge camera owners seem to replace their cameras on a fairly regular basis. Nothing wrong in that if you want the next one up - it's just that it can make this kind of photography potentially expensive if budget is an issue.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE