Calling all bushcrafters in Surrey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 22, 2009
dorking, surrey
what time would everyone like to meet on saturday the 27?
i thought that we could meet at the holmbury st mary car park then walk into the spot at pasture wood
and if we could have meets on say a triannual/quadannual basis we would need a name any thoughts

any ideas for food?

Last edited:

Woodlark

Oct 18, 2006
Surrey, UK
Hi All,

Sounds like things are looking promising!! As I said in an earlier post, I can only dip in and then go early to collect my son from Cranleigh, but it will be great to get together. Frankly it will be worth it just to take a packed lunch and some billies for a cuppa and a good chat!! However, when I've done small scale things like this before, we've all had a little topic which we bring to the occasion just to add a little agenda to the day. I'd be happy to bring a supply of King Alfred cakes, say a few things about them and then we can all blow up an ember!!! Anyone who can demo firelighting, knots, cooking, knifework whatever for 5 minutes really adds to the day!!! Ooh, by the way, I have purchased a load of ex-climbing rope which is wonderful for bush/camp/knot fun etc. I'm not out to make a profit and will sell hanks of 11m for a fiver - or even swap for whatever! I'll take some along on the day - but let me know if ur interested! ("Dorking" you get a freeby for hosting us!). I can get there by 10am if that suits? Look forward to hearing from you.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
Just to confirm with you all, I can definitely make the Saturday but will have to see about doing overnight as well (I may be busy on Sunday).

rcastillo

Jul 10, 2009
London
Are there any logistical details we should be clear on? Ones that come to my mind are:
  • How far are we walking/carrying kit?
  • Is there water on site?
  • Are there any costs to account for?
  • Are dogs allowed?
  • Should we all make a food contribution a la Woodlark's suggestion?

Greatly looking forward to it all, and putting some faces to names!

Richard

Dec 22, 2009
dorking, surrey
  • How far are we walking/carrying kit? Not to far we should park at holmbury st mary car park then walk into the wood
  • Is there water on site?not sure about water im gona try get 15 litres there
    there is running water nearby but not sure about accesability
  • Are there any costs to account for? No
  • Are dogs allowed? yes may take my dog
  • Should we all make a food contribution a la Woodlark's suggestion? yes this sounds like a good idea any ideas for food:D

Woodlark

Oct 18, 2006
Surrey, UK
Hi All, Well it's been frankly crap weather for a fortnight here and as its gone a bit quiet on the "Surrey" front, I was just wondering if we are still up for a meet this weekend?? It would be good to establish a final number and have a think about what we'll do if it pees down all the time!! I can only do the daytime of saturday myself, but I'm still game if others are. By the same token, no hard feelings if we would like to postpone. I guess its up to you really Dorking, let us know how you're feeling!

Best wishes, JT

Dec 22, 2009
dorking, surrey
Hi All, Well it's been frankly crap weather for a fortnight here and as its gone a bit quiet on the "Surrey" front, I was just wondering if we are still up for a meet this weekend?? It would be good to establish a final number and have a think about what we'll do if it pees down all the time!! I can only do the daytime of saturday myself, but I'm still game if others are. By the same token, no hard feelings if we would like to postpone. I guess its up to you really Dorking, let us know how you're feeling!

Best wishes, JT

first of all i really dont want to be seen as the host because its not up to me, i cant have a meet just on my own. i think it might be wise to postpone the meet as it would be more oganised (dont worry im not a control freak) maybe march the 20-21 or 27-28?

Woodlark

Oct 18, 2006
Surrey, UK
Hi All, Is it worth waiting a day to see how many would still come if it's raining? As for the "hosting" issue, I wasn't assuming you you'd be running the gaff - sorry if you thought that - I was hoping that we'd all pitch in with something, but there hasn't been much feedback!!!! The only responsibility for a host at these things is usually to ensure that we have permission to do our stuff!!! Anyway, I'll check in again over the next 24 hours and see how things pan out. The weather forecast makes Saturday actually look better than Friday or Sunday so it might be fun just to meet for "extended lunch"!!!

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
dorkingbushcraft,

Just found your PM - sorry, haven't logged on for a while!

Did the meet go ahead at the end of Feb or has it been put back to the end of March?

PM sent.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
The latest Kent meet is this coming Sunday
it is being held at a site west of Ashford

This may be in range of some Surrey/ London bushcrafters

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE