Calling all bushcrafters in Surrey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
I will be moving to Godalming in Surrey in September and I would like to hook up with any bushcrafters in the area.

I know there are a couple of good bushcraft schools in that area, but I also want to meet up with like-minded bushcrafting folk. Wildlife watching, foraging or just bivying round a camp-fire, I aint fussy. :D

I apologize in advance if I'm a bit slow getting back to anyone. Things are a bit hectic at the moment and I don't spend anywhere near as much time on BushcraftUK as I would like. :(

sparksfly

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2008
London
Hi Ben,

I am based in Ashtead, Surrey and would be happy to meet up. I am fairly new to this forum and to bushcraft in general but very keen and learning all the time.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
Hiya,

Nice to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder if I would be the only bushcrafter in Surrey.:eek:

I will be moving to Godalming around the middle of September so I will be around for meet ups around then. In the meantime feel free to e-mail or PM me.

I take it you haven't been bushcrafting long?

Ben

May 24, 2005
Guildford, Surrey
Hi, I live in Shalford which is only a mile or two from Godalming. I would be more than happy to meet up. I run a Scout Troop which gives me lots of oppotunity to get out and about in the local hills and woods

Please PM me when you are on your feet in Godalming.

Bear aka The Green Man

Woodlark

Oct 18, 2006
Surrey, UK
Hi Ben - and all those who have already replied - sorry not to have responded much earlier: too busy by half!!! Anyway, how is the Surrey massive going - have we had any get togethers as yet?? I'm a part-time-do-a-bit-of-everything-sort and part of that is running a flock of sheep. Apart from meat, wool and leather I've got access to acres of pasture and some woodland for bushcraft practise. I'm happy to share the lot! I'm in a small village outside Haslemere which is on the surry/sussex/hants border.
Would be good to be in touch!

Sep 3, 2009
Sutton
I know this original message was posted over a year ago but was wondering if annything came from this? I live in Sutton and was hoping to meet up with like minded people for weekends of bushcrafting, are there any of you out there?

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
Dear All,

Thank you for the flurry of interest.

I must confess that I had completely forgotten about this message and I had come here looking for info on Dorkingbushcraft.

It seems like some kind of meet-up is way overdue. I am car-less so my transport options are a little limited but I would be up for anything in Surrey even if only a day in the woods.

Ben

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
hi im based in woking and fairly new to bushcraft but happy to meet up at some point

Wild

I'm based in Brighton, but work in Woking if there is something going on.

I'm not in Surrey but I am based in West Sussex. I am happy to meet up and give you a few pointers.

I am currently arranging a BCUK meet up in my woods.

DUDE!! I'm in Brighton and would love to attend if at all possible (old post I know but if you do another)

Hi Ben - and all those who have already replied - sorry not to have responded much earlier: too busy by half!!! Anyway, how is the Surrey massive going - have we had any get togethers as yet?? I'm a part-time-do-a-bit-of-everything-sort and part of that is running a flock of sheep. Apart from meat, wool and leather I've got access to acres of pasture and some woodland for bushcraft practise. I'm happy to share the lot! I'm in a small village outside Haslemere which is on the surry/sussex/hants border.
Would be good to be in touch!

Again in Brighton, gimme a time and date and I'm there (assuming I am welcome)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE